Welcome to Brett and Emily´s travel blog.

I promise I will finish updating soon...7 more post to do!

July 13, 2010: Banos updated (pics soon)

June 23,2010: Lima and Mancura are finished (in reality Mancura was already finished but I wanted to post them in order so I need to finish Lima) with pics

June 22, 2010: I know, I know...I have been home for a month and a have a lot to update from South America. Well the Amazon was updated today with pictures!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

10 Hours in Mexico City and Shabbat in Sao Paulo

After about 24 hours of traveling Emily and I arrived in Sao Paulo, Brazil this afternoon.  After flying to through Mexico city, Emily and I found ways to entertain ourselves in the airport in Mexico City, which was hard to do for 10+ hours.  This included a pretty intense game of Scrabble (which Emily won 256-251), several well played games of backgammon (which I won 7-4), walking around a museum display of Mexican archeology (funny photos will be uploaded eventually), and a kind of depressing photo show of Mexican´s with disabilities. 



Trying to waste time in the Mexico City Airport

We finally arrived in Sao Paulo around 12:20pm today (the time difference is +3 hours, so around 9:30am EST).  We are staying at a very nice hostel in a pretty good neighborhood of Sao Paulo.  Emily`s friend from her program in Israel last year came and picked us up and he showed us around the area and the jewish area of sao paulo.  We then had shabbat dinner at his parent`s apartment with another american friend of his and a bunch of his family (which although originally from Bolivia and Uruguay now all lives in Sao Paulo).  It was for sure a very nice introduction to the country and continued to prove my point no matter where you go (NJ, Cleveland, Israel, Brazil) you will always be treated the same by a Jewish mother, one that just wants to constantly feed you and feed you.



View of one of the main Avenues in Sao Paulo from Emily`s friend Jose`s parents apartment (in the way distance is one of the main Municipal Futbol Stadiums

So hopefully this blog will be Emily and my way to send mass emails to everyone and you can just check this instead (I hate mass emails by the way).  But we will try and update photos via the blog also.

Shabbat Shalom,
Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment