Welcome to Brett and Emily´s travel blog.

I promise I will finish updating soon...7 more post to do!

July 13, 2010: Banos updated (pics soon)

June 23,2010: Lima and Mancura are finished (in reality Mancura was already finished but I wanted to post them in order so I need to finish Lima) with pics

June 22, 2010: I know, I know...I have been home for a month and a have a lot to update from South America. Well the Amazon was updated today with pictures!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Boy in Bolivia with Seth´s Photo

Brett will soon have the next blog posting up about our salt flats tour in the desert of Southwestern Bolivia, however in the meantime, I will provide a little story from that trip that is rather humorous.

During the jeep tour, we had a quick stop in a small village in the middle-of-nowhere on the second day. When we got out to stretch our legs, a group of really cute children cautiously approached the jeep. They were very curious about outsiders and also wanted to ask for candies, which one person on my trip obliged them with. We spoke with them a bit and they pointed out their school and told us that there were 10 children in the school.

I like to travel with some photos of family and friends on hand, so I pulled them out to show to the kids. One little boy took a great liking to a photo of my brother, Seth. The picture is a goofy one that I really like because it makes me laugh. The boy took it and kept looking at it and refused to show it to the other kids. So someone on my trip who is good at Spanish helped me tell him that he could keep the photo, if he let me take a photo of him to give to Seth as a trade. So here is the photo of a random boy in Bolivia who has Seth´s picture.

-Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment