Welcome to Brett and Emily´s travel blog.

I promise I will finish updating soon...7 more post to do!

July 13, 2010: Banos updated (pics soon)

June 23,2010: Lima and Mancura are finished (in reality Mancura was already finished but I wanted to post them in order so I need to finish Lima) with pics

June 22, 2010: I know, I know...I have been home for a month and a have a lot to update from South America. Well the Amazon was updated today with pictures!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Earthquake in Chile, poll results, Happy Purim, and my Birthday

Just a few quick things...

1) We are not currently in Chile, although we were planning on beginning our trek up the Chilean/Argentinian Border in less then 2 weeks.  Personally, Emily and I were sleeping when the Earthquake occured.  However, our friend Isaac (who we are currently staying at in Mar Del Plata, which is along the Atlantic coast of Argentina and well over 1,000km from Chile) told us that some of his friends who were out in Mar Del Plata when the earthquake struck felt light vibrations and even police came to check it out before they realized it was a result of the Earthquake in Chile.  As of right now Emily and I don't know how much this will effect our plans.  It seems most of the damage has really occured along the coast and we were not planning on spending much, if any, time along the Chilean coast but mainly going through the mountains along the border.  But we will keep you all updated about any plan changes.

2)  The results of the Carnaval Costume Contest are in, and shockingly 9 people voted (so minus Emily and my votes), evidently at least 7 people read our blog.  With 8 out of 9 votes the extravagent costume with Emily wearing a green wig wins.

3)  Happy Purim to all...we will be celebrating tomorrow night in Buenos Aires at a large party advertised at the Israeli Hostel we stay in during our first stay in Buenos Aires.

4) Tomorrow is also my birthday so twice the reason the celebrate, and if the US National Hockey team beats Team Canada in the gold medal match yet another reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment